Date: 21 Sept 2014
Position : Software Engineering Associate
- - Degree: BE/BTech (Any stream) / MCA from 2014 batch
- - Eligibility score: Minimum 60% at BE/BTech level
- - Exception for Maharashtra region universities: 55% and above at BE/BTech level
- - Backlogs: No standing backlogs
- - Good pH score
Salary Offered: Rs.300000/-
Candidate's Name: Gauri Shankar Badola
My Facebook Profile Link : https://www.facebook.com/gaurishankarbadola
Today I'm going to share my interview experience of Accenture Services Pvt Ltd.
I had applied for the same through eLitmus and received the call for direct interview(Tech & HR) in Bangalore on 21st September.
It was basically a single tech+hr round. It was a mega drive through eLitmus so 6/7 people were being interviewed at once.
The tech guy told us the whole procedure they were going to follow.
1. The very first question was "Tell me About yourself "- I began with thanking him for giving me the oppurtunity to introduce myself. Then I told him my name, my graduation details. I didn't go in depth as he was having my resume and certificates in front of him. Then I gave him my family details, my father's profession and all. Further, I talked about my hobbies (solving brainteasers & sudoko, reading magzines), my strengths. I didn't go for weaknesses as I thought it wouldn't be wise to talk about weaknesses when you aren't specifically asked about it.
2. After that, he looked at my resume and asked me questions on my major project. I gave him a detailed explanation of what that project was all about and its working.
3. He then gave me a topic to talk about and went on to interview other interviewees. The topic that I was given was " You are the leader of a team of 4 members(including myself) and were given a project to complete within 2weeks,which actually requires 8men to complete within the same period of time. So how would you convince your team members to complete that project within time constraints ".
4. I had thought alot about how I would convince them, motivate them, make them do the project efficienctly, but as I spoke a line about it he changed the whole situation and told me that the other 3 members have left the team and now how would you encounter that situation. Now it was totally a extempore for me. I told him that I would ask for more team members and I won't just give up and that if it comes to me I'd do the whole project on my own. There were some cross questions that were basically put to make me give up on that situation but I didn't and then he said Ok and went to the next person.
The topics given to others were
1. What is HTML and tell me its uses and everything(for a CSE student)
2. What is leadership?
3. You like travelling, tell me about the place you last visited.
4. What is waste mangament (Biology Topic).